“Toronto The Green” – Toronto’s Tree Canopy

Toronto’s tree canopy cover is estimated to be between 26.6% and 28%! Of the total tree population, 6% (600,000 trees) are City owned street trees, 34% (3.5 million trees) are in City parks and natural areas, and 60% (6.1million trees) are on private lands.

Toronto has a target to increase the city’s overall tree canopy of an estimated 10.2 million trees by approximately 13% over the next 40-50 years.

(Source: City of Toronto)

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *