Toronto’s Oldest Building – The Scadding Cabin

This one-room cabin is located on the CNE grounds. It was built by the Queen’s York Rangers in 1794 on behalf of John Scadding who served as clerk to the first Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada John Simcoe. The original cabin was disassembled from its original site and rebuilt on the current site. It is a squat, two-storey log cabin with low ceilings, designed to retain the heat from the fire in winter close to its occupants.